With our Damp December challenge in full swing, let’s dive into some useful tips to help navigate this sober silly season. If you’re looking for tips to cut back on alcohol this December, then this ones for you…
5 Tips for Navigating a Sober-Friendly Festive Season
- Set Boundaries: It's important to establish your own limits and communicate them to friends and family. Let them know you're on a journey to reduce your alcohol intake and request their support and understanding. We recommend reaching out before the event so that there’s (hopefully) less peer-pressuring comments. Remember to never feel embarrassed by your choices and this is your own personal journey and whatever your decision or reason, they’re always valid.
- Mindful Socialising: When attending gatherings or parties, focus on the joy of being with friends and family rather than relying on alcohol to socialise. We’ve all been there where a strong drink is needed to give us that extra bit of confidence, but you’ll soon realise once you’ve got a delicious non-alcoholic cocktail in hand, there was nothing to worry about after all.
- Cocktails and Alcohol-Free Alternatives: Embrace the world of non-alcoholic drinks. One of the main reasons we decided to bring you CAROUSE, an alcohol-free spirit, is so that you can enjoy it with your favourite mixer or on the rocks. Start being your own mixologist and experiment with exciting alcohol-free recipes to discover new, delicious flavours. Show up to events with a bottle in hand to make sure you always have an option that isn’t just coke or lemonade.
- Plan Ahead: If you're hosting an event, be sure to provide a variety of alcohol-free options for your guests. Encourage them to try something different by offering a selection of enticing non-alcoholic beverages. Let’s face it, most people think alcohol-free cocktails are boring, well this is your time to prove them wrong and that you can have just as much fun when there’s no booze involved. You might even be able to party that extra bit longer. (If you need some inspiration head on over to our recipe page, where you’ll find an array of delicious cocktails.)
- Be Patient with Yourself: Understand that it's ok to have moments of weakness. If you slip up and have a drink, don't beat yourself up. Use it as a learning experience and recommit to your sober goals. Nobody’s perfect and just because you have a drink doesn’t mean its the end, it’s just a new beginning for your sober journey. Everyone’s journey is different and whatever pace you go at, is the right one for you.
If you’re in need for an alcohol-free option this Christmas then we couldn’t recommend CAROUSE enough. Offering a delightful alternative for the festive season with its two mood enhancing flavours: DRIFT, a blend of refreshing summer fruits, and UPLIFT, a zesty fusion of ginger and chilli, a perfect choice for those looking to enjoy the holiday spirit without the alcohol.
This Christmas, makes yours a #DrinkToRemember